Strawberry Peach Vodka Collins Popsicles…
How pretty are these popsicles – perfect for a girls night or summer BBQ. Be careful to keep them away from the kids, though! Recipe from Endless Simmer.
Strawberry Peach Vodka Collins Popsicles
Makes 12 2.5 oz Popsicles
6 oz pureed strawberry (about 10 strawberries)
2 oz peach syrup (recipe follows)
12 oz tonic water
2 oz plus 3 oz vodka (divided use)
1. Stir strawberry puree with 2 oz. of vodka. Place three teaspoons of strawberry mixture in the bottom of popsicle form; set aside. (As mentioned in last week’s cocktail popsicle, I used cordial glasses, but any form will work.)
2. Stir peach syrup with tonic water stir to combine. Add vodka and stir to combine.
3. Pour peach and vodka mixture over strawberry mixture and stir to combine.
4. Freeze for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright. Insert popsicle sticks and finish freezing popsicles overnight. To release popsicles run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for a 2-3 seconds.
(You will have more syrup than you need. Save for other cocktail uses)
½ cup sliced peaches (about 4 medium size peaches)
1 cup water
1 cups sugar
1. Wash, peel, and pit peaches. Place peaches in a blender or food processor and process until peaches are pureed.
2. Place water, sugar and peach puree in a pot and bring to a boil and continue to boil for 5 minutes.