Best Ever Guacamole…
It’s Friday and so inevitably I’m thinking about the weekend…which has led me to think about margaritas…which has now evolved into my stong desire to make and eat guacamole. Makes perfect sense, right?!?
Maybe not, but I thought I would post this for you anyway. Have a wonderful weekend!
via Style Me Pretty
A blend of lime, cilantro, garlic and avocado best served with your favorite tortilla chips or homemade tortillas.
|cook time||total time
- 3 Ripe Avocados (preferably the black ones)
- 1 Lime
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbs White Onion, minced
- 2 tbs Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbs Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp sour cream
- *optional 1 tsp jalapeno, seeded and minced
- Begin by mincing your garlic. Pour your salt over your garlic on a wooden chopping block or in a mortar. Smash your garlic with the back of a spoon until a paste forms.
- Place your avocado, garlic paste, onion and lime juice in a bowl. Mash it with a fork until it reaches the desired texture. We like to leave a few heartier pieces of avocado.
- Mix in 1/2 of your cilantro, your sour cream, hot sauce and if using, your jalapeno. Stir until well combined.
- Top with the remaining cilantro and serve with chips and wedges of lime.